So this is going to be a quick and dirty (man i've always wanted to say that, but never had the courage). This is a complete rip off from marksdailyapple.com here is the link to the recipe http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dark-chocolate-macadamia-bark-sprinkled-with-sea-salt/#more-25251. I guess I was thinking that I may get some viewers from my Facebook (friends and family) that may not frequent his site, so may have missed this recipe.I think I will link a bunch back to some of his blogs today, so that it gives readers a chance to see what he is saying (he's much better at this than me). And I made it last night, so I thought i'd take a picture. So here we go.
- Dark Chocolate (the darker the better). MDA's post on chocolate here & here.
- Macadamia nuts (here's a post on Omega 6 and nuts)
- Sea Salt (Does salt increase blood pressure?)
- Take the dark chocolate and break it up, heat it up in a bowl in the microwave in increments. I heated up about 1/4 at a time for about 45 seconds then stirred, then added more. I added the last 1/4 to the bowl and let the other chocolate melt it.
- Break or cut the nuts into smaller pieces. A knife was surprisingly effective for this.
- Coat a small dish with parchment paper.
- Mix the nuts and chocolate together and pour into the small dish.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Put into the refrigerator for 10 min (MDA says 10; however, mine took much longer than that, and I actually put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes at the end because it felt too soft still, so test this one out).